As a kid, I kept burning my fingers grabbing a hot dish out of the microwave because I was too lazy to grab a towel or a mitt and decades later my bad habits never changed. I finally decided to invent “Safe Grabs®” (formally Micro Easy Grab) and plunge into the entrepreneur’s world. I guess you are thinking how hard could this be, right? It has been the most difficult journey I’ve ever embarked on and endured with many lows, but when an opportunity like the Shark Tank comes along, then everything is worth it. But you must dream BIG!
PERSEVERANCE is a must
The Shark Tank Experience
It was my third time trying out for the Shark Tank and everytime I didn't make it was pure devastation. But with sheer dogged determination, I finally made it!
In hindsight, I’m so thankful it never happened on both auditions because I believe “everything happens for a reason”. Had I made it on the Shark Tank the prior years, I would have made a complete fool of myself with the lack of knowledge with the time and practice needed to hone in on my pitch. Being on QVC, Steve Harvey and the local news helped me improve my pitch and I practiced repeatedly while driving, cooking, showering and even when I woke up in the middle of the night!
I was on autopilot for the pitch and no one can ever be 100% prepared for the questions but I survived without fainting, which was a miracle in itself. I wasn’t so scared of the Sharks but more of the realization that millions of people would be watching me on Prime Time Television. I’ve made costly mistakes along the way but as Jack Ma says, “mistakes are revenues later” as long as you learn from them!
10 Random Things About Me
- I love animals especially this one...
- I'm extremely shy and public speaking scares me to death!!!!
- I'm a BIG foodie and enjoy cooking with someone rather than alone…
- I'm learning to appreciate the simple things in life, less clutter.
- Laughing keeps me young at heart but I can do without the wrinkles!
- I crave for TV and movies more than reading (don’t judge me as I do enough reading while researching) but love to read biographies.
- Favorite movies: Shawshank Redemption and Braveheart.
- Super Soul Sunday teaches me compassion and how to apply my knowledge to wisdom, although age is definitely a catalyst.
- I appreciate people who are prompt as my time is just as important as theirs.
- I miss camping (with a tent, not an RV), hiking, skiing, jet skiing but a nice bathroom is always a plus!
And The Journey Continues…
Its full throttle now and working harder than ever to execute my dream! I want to thank God and everyone who believed and supported me through this unbelievable and challenging journey.
My feet in the sands of Redondo Beach after pitching to the Sharks. It was such a beautiful day I wanted to take a moment to absorb this surreal experience that I couldn’t share with anyone at the time except with the crab...
If you dare to dream at all, then DREAM BIG!